Aloo Gobi Masala
Aloo Gobi Masala (Potato – Cauliflower Curry)
- Potato (ഉരുളക്കിഴങ്ങ്) – 3 Nos (medium size)
- Cauliflower – 200 gm (2 Cup)
- Onion (സവോള) – 3 Nos
- Tomato (തക്കാളി) – 1 No
- Ginger (ഇഞ്ചി) – 1 Inch piece
- Garlic (വെളുത്തുള്ളി) – 8 Cloves
- Green chilli (പച്ചമുളക്) – 2 Nos
- Coriander powder (മല്ലിപ്പൊടി) – 2½ Table spoon
- Chilli powder (മുളകുപൊടി) – ½ Table spoon
- Turmeric powder (മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി) – 1 Pinch
- Garam Masala (ഗരം മസാല) – 1 Tea spoon
- Cumin seeds (ജീരകം) – 1 Tea Spoon
- Kasuri Methi / Dried fenugreek leaves (കസൂരിമേത്തി) – 2 Tea spoon (optional)
- Coriander leaves (മല്ലിയില) – 2 sprigs
- Butter (വെണ്ണ) – 1 Table spoon
- Cooking oil (എണ്ണ) – 3 Table spoon
- Salt (ഉപ്പ്) – To taste
- Wash and clean the cauliflower well. Cut it into bite size florets. Peel the potatoes and cut to 1 inch pieces. Chop onion, ginger, garlic and green chilli finely. Slice the tomatoes.
- Heat 3 table spoon of cooking oil in a pan. Put 1 tea spoon of cumin seeds and allow them to sizzle.
- Put finely chopped onion, ginger, garlic, green chilli and salt. Saute it in a medium heat until it turns golden brown.
- Bring down the heat to low. Add coriander, chilli, turmeric and garam masala powders to it. Stir continuously for 1 minute.
- Proceed to add 4 cups of water followed by cauliflower, potatoes, tomatoes and salt. Combine well and cook it covered in a medium heat till done. Give a stir in between. (You can also microwave it)
- When it is done, put kasuri methi (optional).
- Remove from the heat and add 1 table spoon of butter. Taste for salt.
- Aloo gobi masala is ready. Transfer to the serving dish and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
2) Adjust the level of spices to suit your taste.
Author: Shaan Geo
Myself, Shaan Geo basically a Software Engineer started my career in IT Industry. I have had a passion for food and cooking from an early age. This habit made me keep an eye out for the new variants of food and the different cuisines where ever I go. According to me cooking is an equal-opportunity talent and I find that anybody can cook. It is not limited by the age, profession, caste, colour or creed of a person. What is needed is the love for cooking. For me passion for cooking does not stop in the kitchen, when I travel, I continue to be inspired by eating in some of the best restaurants around the world.