Dry Red chilli Chicken2012-12-23
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 4-5
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
Dry Red chilli Chicken
Dry red chilli chicken – another successful experiment with chicken. As its name says it is a variety chicken preparation with dry red chillies. It can be served as a starter or snack and also goes well with rice.
- Chicken (Boneless) - ½ kg
- Dry red chillies (വറ്റല്മുളക്) - 12 Nos
- Gram flour / Corn flour (കടലമാവ്/കോണ്ഫ്ളോര്) - 6 Table spoon
- Ginger (ഇഞ്ചി) - 2 Inch piece
- Garlic (വെളുത്തുള്ളി) - 10 Cloves
- Shallot (ചെറിയ ഉള്ളി) - 15 Nos
- Curry leaves (കറിവേപ്പില) - 2 Sprigs
- Lemon juice (നാരങ്ങാനീര്) - 1 Table spoon
- Chilli powder (മുളകുപൊടി) - 1¼ Table spoon
- Turmeric powder (മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി) - 1 Pinch
- Cooking oil (എണ്ണ) - to deep fry
- Salt (ഉപ്പ്) – To taste
Wash and clean the chicken. Cut it (length wise) into small pieces.
Grind ginger (1 inch piece), garlic (5 cloves), curry leaves (1 sprig), lemon juice, salt , chilli powder (1 table spoon) and turmeric powder into a paste.
Marinate chicken pieces the ground paste for minimum 30 minutes.
Slice remaining garlic, ginger and shallots.
Add gram/corn flour into the marinated chicken pieces and mix it well by adding 4 table spoon of water.
Heat cooking oil in a pan and deep fry the chicken pieces (till it turns brown). Keep it aside.
Heat 2 table spoon of oil in a pan. Put broken dry red chillies (reduce the flame) and stir till it turns dark brown. Put garlic, ginger, shallots, curry leaves and salt into it and saute till it turns golden brown.
Put ¼ table spoon of chilli powder and mix it well. Now, add the fried chicken into it and combine well.
Remove from the flame and transfer to the serving dish.
Serve with a dollop of mayonnaise.
Print this Recipe
Average Member Rating
(3.3 / 5)
12 people rated this recipe
Main nutritional contents are,
1 Table spoon = 3 Tea spoons
1 Dessert spoon = 2 Tea spoons
1 Tea spoon = 5 ml
1 Cup = 236.588 ml